T-mobile – Seattle, WA
Visual Designer promoted to Lead Visual Designer August 2012 – Present
Contracted at T-Mobile through Filter leading a team of five Visual Designers to evolve the enterprise applications used by retail and customer support employees to better usability and into a mobile platform. Designed screen layouts, user interface elements, and icons. Collaborated with UX architects, developers, researchers, and other visual designers to produce comps and design specifications for tablet and desktop. Created, managed and published visual design style guidelines.
Accretive Technology Group – Seattle, WA
Web Designer September 2011 – March 2012
Web designer for a high traffic streaming media company. Effectively and consistently presented the brand through all online and mobile products. Designed multiple logos requiring quick turnaround and created high impact banners.
- Worked with developers to create an Android mobile version of a highly visible streaming media website using jquery.
- Storyboarded, wireframed, and created preliminary designs for the iPad version of the streaming media website.
- Created a video advertisement with premiere that beat the current design by 25%.
Lakeside Milan– Burien, WA
Associate Drug Counselor January 2010 – August 2011
As an associate drug counselor at an adolescent rehab facility I conducted one on one and group counseling sessions, administered diagnostic tests and processed all paperwork under extreme deadlines. Plus conducted monthly presentations to all enrolled patients, honing presentation skills to groups of all sizes.
Classmates.com – Seattle, WA
Senior Designer promoted to Art Director February 2005 – November 2009
Art director for Classmates’ entire email portfolio, serving over three million subscribers. Trained, supervised, and provided art direction for three designers. Led email creative team, including writers and designers, acting as primary point of contact with email management, email production, and other creative services teams. Stayed on top technical requirements and display issues of email clients. Tracked and assigned all workflow. In addition to my work on email, also designed dozens of online promotions and banners.
- Boosted click-throughs by 15% by redesigning Classmates Connections email.
- Art Directed and created style guides to re-brand all 43 Classmates email products.
- Cut email production time in half by helping create new more efficient team processes.
- Created library for standards documentation to reduce ramp-up time and ensure consistency.
- Led creative team through transition to agile-based production process.
- Reduced graphics bugs by 40% and fostered collaboration by requiring designers to meet with
developers when handing off designs.
Smashing Ideas– Seattle, WA
Web Designer October 2004 – February 2005
Freelanced at Smashing Ideas through Filter, creating innovative Flash banners. Clients included Weight Watchers and House Values.
WRQ – Seattle, WA
Production Specialist promoted to Lead Production Specialist, 2000 – 2004
Updated wrq.com to ensure consistency, usability, and site effectiveness. Designed and produced compelling online promotions including banner ads, bridge pages, and HTML emails. Supported, advised, and instructed other production artists.
- Built new HTML/CSS templates with CSS that allowed WRQ to make site-wide changes nine times faster.
- Participated in usability testing for wrq.com then implemented site changes based on results.
- Developed product walkthroughs with Flash, translating highly technical information into an understandable format.
- Recorded, edited, and compressed audio files that downloaded quickly while preserving sound quality.
- Created unique web banner for SearchTechTarget.com, which received twice as many click-throughs as any previous banner.
- Successfully managed projects using effective communication, realistic timeframes, and input from all project participants.
- Received three Excellence Awards for Online Communication Demonstrations from the Puget Sound Chapter of STC.
ArtSource – Seattle, WA
Graphic Designer 2000
Created original design pieces including layout, advertisements, and websites. Clients included Nintendo, Heckler Associates, and WRQ.
Axis Media –San Francisco, CA
Graphic Designer 1999 – 2000
Generated HTML, created web graphics, and produced Flash interactive websites for a wide variety of businesses under tight deadlines. Corrected and manipulated clients’ images for their ads.
- Designed and produced Packard Bell directory ads that were sold at a 15% increase.
- Created high-quality ads on a tight deadline, allowing owner to focus on expanding company beyond Packard Bell ads.
School of Visual Communications
Art Institute of Seattle, Desktop Publishing Diploma Merit Scholarship
Seattle Central Community College, AA Social and Human Services, CDPT Phi Theta Kappa